Istanbul Water and Sewerage Administration (ISKI),
The Subscriber Database Exadata Migration Project
Istanbul Water and Sewerage Administration (ISKI),completed the
infrastructure modernization quickly and smoothly with GTech expertise.
- The project was planned to replace old hardware and move to a highly available architecture.
- Rational solutions were created for the growing database needs.
- For the process to run smoothly and perfectly, three separate tests were conducted before the move.
- The migration was performed using Oracle XTTS management, the highest-level ” Cross Migration method.”
- With Oracle XTTS, the 24 TB database was migrated without any problems.
- Immediate data replication for the failback scenario after the migration was performed using Striim.
- The smooth functioning of the system was verified in a 10-day test process.
- Migrated to the world’s best database Exadata X8M-2 platform.
- Ensuring infrastructure modernization that will be exemplary in the industry by leaving traditional structures in the institution.
- Creating a scalable, high-performance, and high-availability platform.
- Creating an architecture that enables the transition to RAC (Real Application Cluster) architecture.
- Ensuring a 20% to 60% improvement in operational processes.
- Ensuring an increase in productivity in the institution’s main database.